My baby boy turned 10. A full decade old. A full decade of being a mom. A full decade of heart-opening joy and shoulder-crushing mama stress. It's true. I can't imagine life without him. I can't bear the thought of it. He is my joy, my pride, my life. He made me a mama and I could not love him more. He was planning on a big nerf war with obstacles etc. But, his best friend is still recovering from his brain surgery and Benny was worried that he would fall, or get tackled, or not be allowed to participate. So he changed plans. We had a mariokart tournament instead. He also invited his new friend Tyveon who just moved here in August. This kid just blows me away. He is funny, kind, inclusive, and the biggest helper. We had a great time with this crew of derps as you can imagine...a house full of 10 yo boys is never dull!
No comments:
Post a Comment